As a three year recipient of Toledo’s Top Workplaces award, Wurtec is a family owned, global manufacturer and distributor of products to the passenger elevator industry. With 5 locations in North America and more than 30 years in business, Wurtec has thrived by successfully providing engineered solutions and products to the industries top elevator manufacturers. In a professional, entrepreneurial, fast-paced working environment, Wurtec is rapidly expanding its footprint worldwide.
Wurtec recognizes the importance of exceptional benefits and proper work/life balance. If you would like to work for a company where you can be part of something truly special and a place where you can make your mark, Wurtec could be the place for you. We believe strongly in our Core Values: Dedicated, Ambitious, Hard-working, Willingness to Accept Responsibility, and Integrity. If these values resonate with you, we’d like to explore how you can have the most self-fulfilling career you’ve ever had while helping Wurtec reach its long-term objectives.
Production Scheduler/Manufacturing Technician
Wurtec is seeking an experienced manufacturing technician and production scheduler who has experience in both ERP/MRP-driven and lean manufacturing systems. This individual will be responsible for managing the daily production schedule, originating production jobs, and keeping standards accurate in/through our ERP system (Epicor).
· Be a leader by communication and work ethic
· Work congruently with the material coordinator, production Supervisor, purchasing, engineering, and quality manager to assure on time shipments with the highest quality
· Promote and participate in lean techniques and practices such as 5S
Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage the production schedule in Epicor to include prioritization of past due orders, ETO and prototypes
· Create all production jobs in Epicor
· Drive continuous improvement within the Wurtec ERP system (Epicor)
· Run KPI’s-Scorecard (Shop metrics, efficiency reports)
· RMA processing
· Rental and repair jobs
· Follow up on Engineering changes
· Supplier delivery follow up with applicable personelle
Work Environment: Office/Manufacturing Shop
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full time/Salaried
Travel: Minimal; less than 5%
Preferred Education & Experience:
· Associates Degree or equivalent relevant experience
· A minimum of 2 years’ substantial experience in production scheduling
· Experience with Epicor is preferred
· Experience with Microsoft Office, especially with Outlook and Excel
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
· Detail oriented with excellent problem solving skills
· Confident and professional written and verbal communication skills
Work Authorization/Security Clearance: Legally authorized to work in the United States
The company has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. To assure full implementation of this equal employment policy, we will take steps to make sure that: Persons are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, uniform service member status, age, disability or any other legally recognized protected personal characteristics. Similarly, all other personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs and recall from layoffs, access to training, education, tuition assistance and social recreation programs are administered without regard to race, religion, color, veteran status, uniform service member status, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally recognized protected personal characteristics.